CHRISTMAS CLOSE OFF
LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FOR 2020: MIDNIGHT, Tuesday 15 DECEMBER 2020
Orders made by close off will be sent out in time for Christmas 2020.
Any orders received after the close off will be processed on our return Monday 11 January 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
These Questions & Answers pertain to Giani's Standard Benchtop Paint Kits.
Q. What's included in the standard Kit?
A. Here's a list of what's included:
- 360 ml. of IronCore™ Primer / Base Coat
- 3 x 180 ml. selected Minerals
- 475 ml. of Automotive Grade Polyurethane Topcoat
- 15.2 cm GIANI™ roller arm and two roller pads
- 10.2 cm GIANI™ granite paint sponge
- 5.1 cm Foam Brush
- Black Practice Poster Board
- 'Paint-by-Number' DVD for beginners
- Illustrated Instructions
Q. What do I need to supply?
A. Just a few common household items to make the job easier:
- Disposable Plates
- Paint Roller Tray
- Kitchen cleaner / degreaser
- Scouring pad
- Latex gloves
- Good quality painters masking tape
Q. What area does the Kit cover?
A. The Standard Kits cover approximately 3.2 square meters.
Q. How durable is the finished product?
A. Providing the application instructions have been followed to the letter, Giani is a long-lasting durable product. Its degree of durability will be similar to that of a Laminate Benchtop, so we recommend the following:
- Do not chop and cut with knives directly on the surface
- It is heat resistant up to 121 Celsius, but hot pots and pans should not be placed directly on the surface
- Use mild, non-abrasive cleaners. Water and micro-fibre cloths are equally as effective
- Do not leave wet cloths or heavily soiled items on the bench surface
- High-colour content foods such as curry pastes and powders can stain the surface. Wipe surface immediately after any spillages.
Q. How long will it last?
A. Again similar to a conventional laminate top, around 15 years.
Q. How safe is it to apply?
A. Ginai™ paint is water-based, so it's safe to use and not to mention better for the environment. It contains no lead and emits less odour than standard house paint.
Q. How long does it take to apply?
A. In total there are about 4 hours of painting involved and 16 hours of drying time. Painting time will vary depending on the surface area and drying times may also vary depending on room temperatures.
Q. What surfaces will it bond to?
A. Most benchtop surfaces from formica, lamiates, stone, wood, ceramic tiles, porcelain
Q. Do you have a Showroom?
A. No we are an online Retailer only.
Q. Where is Giani paint made?
A. Giani paints are made in America
Q. Are there any physical retailers where we can buy Giani paint?
A. No, Giani paint is only available on-line.Q. Do you supply samples?
A. No, we do not supply samples.
Q. How much is shipping?
A. Shipping within New Zealand is included in our purchase price.
Q. How long does it take to arrive?
A. From when we receive the order, it takes approximately 2 to 3 working days to anywhere in New Zealand.
Q. Can I purchase the minerals separately?
A. No we only sell complete kits either as a full kit or a small project kit.